Tin Man Society
The Tin Man Society was organized to recognize people who make Legacy gifts to OMM. Tin Man Society members have given testimony to their intentions to provide for the ongoing work of the Manor well into the future. New member Helen Pummill said, "You will never know those people that you help personally, but it can't help but to make you feel good to know that your gift will help them live in a place as nice as this for the rest of their life."
How to become a Tin Man
To join the Tin Man Society simply inform us that you have provided for the Mission and Ministry of Oklahoma Methodist Manor in one of these ways:
- Will or Revocable Living Trust: Designate a specific or percentage amount to go to Oklahoma Methodist Manor, Inc. A contingency bequest names Oklahoma Methodist Manor, Inc. to receive the remainder and residue of your estate if other beneficiaries are deceased or cannot inherit.
- Current gifts that establish a permanent endowment
- Charitable Gift Annuity: You transfer your cash or appreciated property in exchange for a fixed income (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust pays you income for life. With an Unitrust there is the potential that your income could increase over time with growth in the trust. An annuity trust pays out a fixed amount each year based on the value of the property at the time it is gifted.
- Insurance Policy: You can give your life insurance policy to Oklahoma Methodist Manor and receive a charitable income tax deduction. Then make deductible contributions each year that we may use to pay the premiums. You can also designate Oklahoma Methodist Manor as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Beneficiary designation on IRAs, CDs, commercial annuities, savings accounts, and savings bonds. Also, if you are 70 1/2 or older, you can make a gift of up to $100,000 to Oklahoma Methodist Manor from your IRA to meet your annual distribution requirement. By making an IRA charitable rollover gift, you are able to avoid taxes on the IRA distribution while supporting our charitable mission.